The Fiscal Analyst is responsible for but not limited to:
Fiscal and Analytical Operations 80%
• Performs fiscal and analytical operations which include, but are not limited to, functions of budgeting, fiscal control, accounting, purchasing and procurement.
• Develops financial forecasting and modeling of proposed or current program expenditures.
• Prepares the Monthly Invoices, Fiscal Year End Report, Local Agency Expenditures Report, Report of Actual Expenditures, Budgetary Reports including Time Study Analysis Reports and others as needed.
• Develops and monitors fiscal controls for nutrition and administration services in the WIC Program.
• Uses Foundation PI Profile data to conduct cost projections regarding personnel expenses, fringe benefits rates and overhead costs to forecast expenditures for the next fiscal year.
• Determines cost of operations by establishing standard costs; collecting operational data.
• Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing accurate actual spending with plans and forecasts.
• Guides cost analysis process by adhering to policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
• Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data.
• Maintains database by entering, verifying, and backing up data.
• Takes initiative to contribute financial knowledge and analysis towards team deliverables.
Finance & Accounting Projects 10%
• Under general direction, performance of administrative and/or project leadership in a large and and/or complex system.
• Coordinate budget discussions and approval meetings with WIC Director and Principal Investigator and other WIC staff as relevant.
• Assists WIC Director in developing the Funding Application for the WIC Contract which includes budget proposals and personnel justifications worksheets.
• Assist with Strategic projects as assigned by management.
Policies and Procedures 4%
• Support development, drafts and editing process of fiscal, accounting and procurement policies and procedures as requested
Audit of Financial Statements and Other Audits Needs 3%
• Represents the WIC Program during the State Controllers and Federal A-133 Program Audits.
• Gather backup documentation for audits as needed.
Other Duties and Responsibilities as Assigned 3%
Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
San Diego State University Research Foundation is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
A background check (including a criminal records and Livescan Fingerprint check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with SDSU Research Foundation