Under the supervision of the Director of Human Resources, the HR Systems and Process Manager oversees a range of technical functions related strategic initiatives for HRIS and technology management. The HR Systems and Process Manager contributes and supports the organizations mission, vision, values, strategic goals and objectives; evaluates people-related business needs; ensures HR technology meets current and future business needs; oversees the planning, project coordination, management of HR technology; provides project management and proposes, develops and executes strategic initiatives for HR Systems. This position manages and directs a team dedicated to managing HR data/information
The HR Systems and Process Manager is responsible for but not limited to:
Information Technology Management 30%
• Understand employment laws and reviews processes and systems in place to ensure compliance and integrity.
• Administer Applicant Tracking/Employee Onboarding system (currently iCIMS), including workflow design, system configuration, report development and security/user management.
• Administer employee benefit portal, coordinating with vendor to configure to meet RF needs, manage user permissions, develop reports from Banner to import base data, and develop reports of data to export and import into Banner after employee selections are finalized.
• Collaborating with HR colleagues and impacted stakeholders, review HR business processes and design automated workflows leveraging available information systems to enhance services and streamline operations.
• Lead role in the design and implementation of personnel files / HR files in RF document management system (Softdocs), developing and implementing quality assurance controls for scanned images; and designing supporting online workflows.
• Propose, develop and executes strategic initiatives for HR systems, including efforts to streamline, integrate and automate HR systems and processes. Ensures effective, efficient business operations utilizing HR systems.
• Determines the strategic application of integrated technical tools and systems such as performance management, applicant tracking, onboarding, and HR information systems.
• Effectively implement the delivery of HR programs initiated by the Director of Human Resources.
• Ensures human resource technology meets current and future business needs within the human resources operation.
• Oversees documentation of human resource systems, processes, and technology infrastructure.
• Partner with Information Systems on technology initiatives that impact the organization; oversees all system upgrades and performs regular assessments and improvements to the HRIS
• SharePoint administrator for the HR department sites.
• Manage HRIS vendor relationships to ensure the services received meets the needs of the department
• Ensures employment activities are compliant with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations
• Administer HRIS systems, including security configuration and compliance with applicable information security plans, and integration with RF enterprise systems.
HR Reporting and Analytics 25%
• Design and manage dashboards, reports and key performance indicators for RF HR data; uses HR analytics and other relevant data to help department leaders make informed decisions; maintain data integrity in HR Systems by regularly analyzing systems.
• Develop intermediate/advanced queries in SQLDeveloper or TOAD
• Design HR reporting tables to be delivered in MyRF (Oracle Application Express), and develop and publish custom reports for use by HR teams and executive management.
• In addition to ad-hoc requests, is responsible for Foundation HR reporting supporting affirmative action, benefit enrollment activities and any other HR needs.
• Manage HR data/information in its accuracy and representation; performs a range of duties including processing employee data, preparing reports and developing data processing systems.
• Continually monitor processes and develop appropriate metrics to reflect accuracy and efficiency
• Develop, monitor, and executes "ad hoc" and ongoing requests for data to ensure that the reports are accurate meeting the business needs
• Create "ad hoc" custom reports based on HR and other departments' needs
• Develop and provide regular and ad hoc reports to HR leaders and RF management team. Gathers data from multiple sources and performs moderate to complex analysis, generating reports supportive of organizational metrics and client services.
Project Management 20%
• Develop and manage projects by developing identifying business needs, feasibility, scope, resources requirements and budget
• Provides leadership in planning, project coordination, and management for the development and maintenance of human resources technology; while concurrently facilitating efficient operations to meet current and future HR business needs.
• Manages Human Resources technology projects, including costs, timeframe, constraints, milestones, and deliverables; tracks project progress and manages expectations through successful project completion and provides contingency plans to assure project objectives are met.
• Collaborate with internal business units to effectively design and support system functionality based on business need.
Learning Management Systems and Compliance 10%
• Administer and track all Research Foundation issued training, including all mandatory training such as CA AB1825.
• Create tracking system for all training to ensure timely compliance.
• Provides training and orientation to new users on various systems such as HRIS/Banner and the like
• Creates user guides and desk manuals for reference tools; communicate system changes as needed to ensure all are implementing policies and procedures consistently
HR Management 10%
• Provide development to HR staff by giving guidance, feedback, support, and performance management.
• Motivates and coaches direct reports to deliver results that integrate the HR function into the context of the organization and support the needs of the organization.
• Identifies and hires competent human resources department staff.
Other Duties and Responsibilities as Assigned 5%
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, human resources or related field.
• Previous experience leading a systems upgrade or implementation and configuration of a new HR information system
• Experience designing, building, and managing content in Microsoft SharePoint, or similarly complex Content Management System (CMS).
• Experience with Banner Human Resources by Ellucian, or a similarly complex Human Capital Management System (HCMS).
• Experience with advanced reporting techniques, including data administration and analysis and the ability to write basic SQL statements.
• Experience with Microsoft Excel including the use of advanced functions such as VLOOKUP/HLOOKUP, Pivot Charts/Tables, and Macros.
• Experience using and contributing to the development of Oracle Application Express (Oracle Forms), or a similarly complex database web form.
• Experience with HR and Talent Acquisition programs, systems and processes (applicant tracking systems, recruiting, prescreening and onboarding, etc.)
• Advanced Excel skills and experience
• Strong database experience and knowledge
• Experience providing advanced HR reporting and analytics
• Experience working with Elucian Banner, iCIMS ATS, Softdocs, and SharePoint systems
• Previous experience administrating HR Information Systems
San Diego State University Research Foundation is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with SDSU Research Foundation