The Department of Administration, Rehabilitation and Postsecondary Education (ARPE) includes three academic degrees: Master of Arts in Education with a concentration in Postsecondary Education Leadership, the Master of Science in Rehabilitation Counseling and the Doctorate in Education with a concentration in Community College/Postsecondary Education Leadership. The Department is located on Campus and the Interwork Institute is co-located in Mission Valley while the Institute’s Exceptional Family Resource Center is located at Sky Park.
Interwork Institute administers approximately 50 federal grants, state contracts, and other contracts from a wide range of resources. These grants and contracts cover a diverse range of topics, i.e., master's degree in rehabilitation counseling, certificate in rehabilitation administration, capacity building, assistive technology, transition and supported employment, technical assistance and continuing education, statewide needs assessment, workforce education, postsecondary educational leadership, and community college teaching. The Interwork Institute includes six centers. There is a combination of funding through grants and contracts with the Foundation and the University.
The ARPE/lnterwork Institute faculty and staff serve a large geographic area as well as diverse ethnic populations. This includes California, Arizona, Nevada, Hawaii, American Samoa, Guam, CNMI, Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, the Republic of Palau, other US states and selected international partnerships. There are more than 60 employees that staff and administer the grants and contracts under the ARPE/Interwork Institute.
Under general direction of the Director for the Interwork’s Center for Distance Learning (II-CDL), the Information Technology Consultant I is responsible for developing and maintaining web sites.
Website Development and Maintenance Duties (100%)
• Work closely with the Director of II-CDL and Senior Developer on all website design projects
• Create wireframes and prototypes of the websites to explore ideas for user flows
• Gather feedback from users and stakeholders to drive toward a final set of mockups or prototypes
• Create Section 508 and WCAG Web Accessibility standard compliant web site
• Create web site based on the design specification
• Create and maintain websites using various CMS
• Create and maintain well structured documentations
• A minimum of 1 year experience working in Drupal deployment and maintenance.
• Drupal theme and module development experience.
• Graphic editor such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator experience.
• Experience with PHP, MySQL, and object-oriented programming preferred.
• JQuery experience.
• Google Analytics experience.
• Code revision tool such as SVC, GIT experience.
• Experience with Linux environment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with SDSU Research Foundation
San Diego State University Research Foundation is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer