The Financial Services department is a major organizational unit responsible for the general accounting function, internal controls, internal audits, banking services, cash management, investments, the acquisition and sale of real property, administering endowment and scholarship funds, the annual audit, cashiering, billing and accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, administering gifts, bequests and trusts, negotiating and administering indirect costs rates and preparing the annual corporate budget. SDSU Research Foundation’s payroll department provides services for Central Staff employees including those working on research projects, at KPBS, at Extended Studies, and The Campanile Foundation.
Payroll Processing 85%
• Review time reports for proper authorization, accuracy, completeness, alternate work schedules, and multiple positions in adherence to Federal and State wage and hour laws, Fair Labor Standards, internal policies and procedures, and makes necessary corrections.
• Calculate manual pays, retroactive payments, emergency pays, and miscellaneous payroll adjustments.
• Accurately input time report data, special pays, redistributions, W-4 information, direct deposits, and address changes into the Banner finance system and the Nolijweb data storage system.
• Reconciles payroll account balances (e.g. time sheets, direct deposits, wage attachments, benefits, voluntary and involuntary contributions, etc.) for the purpose of maintain accurate account balances and complying with established guidelines
• Researches discrepancies of payroll information and/or documentation for the purpose of ensuring accuracy and adherence to procedures prior to processing
• Responds to inquiries regarding payroll procedures (e.g. wage levies and garnishments, direct deposits, etc.) for the purpose of providing appropriate action and/or comply with established fiscal guidelines
• Audit time sheets and other calculations against payroll reports; calculate salary adjustments, leaves and deductions
Other Duties and Responsibilities as Assigned 15%
• Perform general office duties such as filing, opening and distributing mail, answering phones, responding to email inquiries, scanning, and assisting with front desk support.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• At least two years of progressively responsible record-keeping experience that has provided the required knowledge and abilities or any equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides the required knowledge and abilities.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or related
• Payroll Certification
• One year of previous payroll experience
• Previous experience using a computerized time keeping system such as Workforce Software/EmpCenter for payroll processing
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with SDSU Research Foundation
San Diego State University Research Foundation is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer