The Research Foundation’s primary purpose is to advance the research vision of San Diego State University (SDSU) and support the educational and community service mission of the university. The Human Resources Department supports the Foundation’s mission by providing the full range of human resource services. Established in 1943, the research foundation is organized as a 501(c)3 corporation and is governed by a board of directors composed of SDSU faculty, staff and community members. In fiscal year 2016-2017, the research foundation administered $179 million in revenue from grants, contracts and campus program activity. The foundation’s central and agency employee count is 165 and 400 respectively with approximately 1700 additional grant project employees.
The Director of Human Resources is the Research Foundation’s chief human resources officer, responsible for leadership and management of the human resources department, serves as a member of the senior management team and reports to the Executive Director. The Director is responsible for planning, organizing and implementing a strategic, comprehensive, and effective human resource program including responsibilities such as: labor and employee relations; classification and compensation; recruitment; benefits, human resources information systems; equal employment and affirmative action planning; employee training and development; performance management program administration; immigration and visa compliance; human resource policy development, implementation and monitoring; and risk management and legal oversight. The Director provides expert counsel and advice to senior management and supervisors regarding the full range of human resource issues.
This position will remain open until filled with first review of applicants on Friday, November 3, 2017 at 4:00 pm (Pacific Standard Time).
The Director is responsible for but not limited to:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business or public administration, political science, human resources management, organizational development or related field
• Ten years of increasing complex experience in a full service human resources department with five years of managerial experience.
• Master’s degree or juris doctorate
• Public or private research institution, higher education or non-profit experience
• California employment law experience
• Experience with HRIS systems and management of human resources data
• SPHR or SPHR-CA certification
San Diego State University Research Foundation is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with SDSU Research Foundation