This position is open until filled with an initial application review to take place after September 26, 2022.
Under the direction of the Office of HSI (Hispanic Serving Institution) and Regional Affairs, the SDSU HSI Progresando en Salud goals are to:
Major Job Responsibilities:
The SDSU HSI Progresando en Salud Program Coordinator & Retention Specialist will coordinate programming, recruitment of program participants, paid rotation internships, mentoring matching and management and in collaboration with the College of Sciences Student Success Center, College of Health and Human Services Advising, and the Health Professional Advising Office will be responsible for facilitating academic advising, academic coaching, student success and retention efforts for all participants. This individual will also help support students by coordinating career counseling services (internship searching, career fairs, career exploration, resume writing, mock interviews etc).
Under the general supervision of the Office of HSI and Regional Affairs, this position is responsible for but not limited to:
Program Management (70%)
Other Duties and Responsibilities as assigned 30%
Required Knowledge and Abilities
• Ability to interact effectively with collaborators, co-workers, clients and program participants
• Ability to understand and follow work rules and procedures
• Ability to display motivation and strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Ability to display organization, meet deadlines, display detail orientation, possess good judgment and common sense
• Ability to demonstrate a high level of cross-cultural sensitivity
Required Experience and Education
• Must have a bachelor's level background in engineering, physical, biological, or behavioral science, or higher education, student affairs, public administration, student services.
• A minimum of 6 years’ experience in administering student training programs and have demonstrated management skills, knowledge, and experience.
Preferred Qualifications and Special Skills
• A master's degree in higher education, student affairs, public administration, student services, or a STEM discipline.
ADDITIONAL APPLICANT INFORMATION: