Six-Week Summer Academy (100% in summer)
Residential Programs Director (100%)
- Co-facilitates curriculum development meetings with Academic Coordinator and oversees the development of course syllabi with school district coordinators. Obtains approvals for course credit from cooperating school districts. (12%)
- Develops logistics for all pre-program components via regular planning meetings: pre/post testing, academic, social/cultural, recreational, educational materials, Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) application, field trips, research mentorships, staff training, class schedules, and any other aspects related to the summer program (15%).
- Confirms staff knowledge of the Summer Academy Student and Staff Manual.
- Coordinates and facilitates the Six-Week Summer Academy orientation.
- Recruits, screens, interviews, selects, and trains Summer Academy staff (12%)
- Oversees the timely procurement of conference/housing, classroom, laboratory, recreational, computer labs, meeting rooms, and other campus facilities (12%).
- Supervises the Head Resident Advisors and Academic Coordinator (12%).
- Acts as liaison between academic and residential components and program staff (15%).
- Works with Academic Coordinator to plan and facilitate weekly meetings to include all summer staff (5%)
- Implements and supervises all components of the Summer Academy (17%).
- Adheres to standards of the American Camping Association Accreditation and applies for re-accreditation every five (5) years.
ACADEMIC YEAR (100%)
Academic Year Program Planning (15%):
- Supervises the implementation of the Saturday Session component.
- Plans and supervises the implementation of the after-school Tutoring component.
- Plans and supervises the implementation of the Academic Advising component.
- Plans and supervises the implementation of the Alumni Follow-up component.
Participant Recruitment (15%):
- Supports Internship Coordinator in developing strategies, timelines, policies, and procedures for participant recruitment.
- Collaborates with the Internship coordinator, Administrative Support Coordinator, and Media Specialist to design, update, and produce all recruitment materials.
- Coordinates staff presentations, applicant interviews, and facilitates the selection of participants using a team approach.
- Coordinates and co-facilitates with the Internship Coordinator the student/parent orientations for new participants.
Staff Supervision / Program Management (25%):
- Plans and conducts weekly staff meetings, team building, and staff Professional development activities.
- Conducts individual staff supervision meetings and periodic employee performance evaluations twice a year.
- As program liaison, maintains contact with school-site personnel, university departments, TRIO personnel, community agencies, participants, and their families.
- Implements administrative timelines to ensure that all Federal grant objectives are met.
- In consultation with the Executive Director’s office, recruits, identifies, and selects all program staff.
- Confirms staff knowledge of Federal regulations, and where to locate them, governing the implementation of the Upward Bound and HCOP programs.
- Work with Fiscal Specialist to develop budget justifications for SDSURF as well as the Department of Education.
Program Development/Documentation (20%):
- As a member of the PCI Management Team, develops policies, procedures, and events in line with the Executive Directors 3-year strategic action plan and the programs approved proposal.
- Develops systematic methods to document all student contacts and program services, and oversee the maintenance of all student databases, participant files, and program records.
- Assists in the compilation of data and the preparation of the annual performance report.
- Coordinates systematic evaluation of all program components and interprets the analyses of evaluative data to assist in the development and/or revision of program services and objectives. Data includes a quantitative assessment of standardized achievement tests.
- In collaboration with the Summer Academic Coordinator, reviews and revises the Summer Academy Staff and Student manuals in the month March.
Senior Summer Advising (5%):
- In collaboration with the Research Evaluation Specialist Selects and Trains one academic advisor as the UB/HCOP Destination:College staff member responsible for supporting the graduating seniors to enroll in the post-secondary program of their choice in the semester immediately following their graduation from high school.
Alumni Follow-up Component (10%):
- Works collaboratively with the Research Evaluation Specialist to review and revise policies, procedures, and timelines to conduct alumni follow-up as part of Destination:Degree.
- Supervises the Program Counseling Staff in the development and coordination of the Alumni Follow-up component to ensure systematic tracking of program graduates.
- Coordinates communication among program counseling staff and PCI evaluation office to conduct systematic tracking of program graduates
Other Duties as Assigned (10%):
- Develops and presents professional workshops and seminars at chapter, regional and national conferences, where appropriate.
- Maintains personal membership in the regional and southern California chapter professional associations (WESTOP).
- Facilitates institutional membership in the national professional association (Council for Opportunity in Education [COE).
- Consults with and gains the approval of the Executive Director on programmatic liaisons with only outside agencies, institutions, departments, faculty, or consultants not previously engaged with the Pre-College Institute.
- Works with Management Team to advance the PCI’s goal of becoming a Strategic Thinking/Planning organization.
- Other duties as assigned to ensure effective program service delivery.